Day 3 Tip
Return - use your local container deposit scheme to return and earn. Build your pocket money reserves and get the whole household involved.
• Did you know you could get money in return for recycling marked bottles, cans and containers? Check with your state government for details on your local container deposit scheme.
• You might be able to raise money for your school or a charity by recycling cans and bottles.
• Check your local container deposit scheme requirements. Some need to scan bar codes while others prefer crushed cans.
• Using your local container deposit schemes means that you are reducing litter and lowering clean-up costs for local councils.
- A National Waste Policy to reduce waste and increase recycling
- Protecting, conserving and raising awareness of Australia’s national heritage
- Protecting Australia’s much-loved native wildlife
- Working with business and communities to reduce emissions while keeping the economy strong
- Fighting marine debris and caring for our waterways
- Protecting the Reef, 64,000 jobs and its $6.4 billion economic contribution to Australia
Today I asked Minister Payne to explain the link between keeping Australia safe and creating jobs. Government spending on Defence protects our nation and stimulates the defence industry meaning more people can find employment. The Coalition Government has achieved this. Labor had a poor record in their previous 6 year term of government