Schools from across Australia visited Parliament House for the National Schools Constitutional Convention. During the visit, students had the opportunity to learn about the inner workings of Parliament House and meet with politicians. Senator Lucy was delighted spend time with some South Australian students.
The Hon Julie Bishop MP, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party, today formally announced the appointment of former Senator George Brandis as the new UK High Commissioner. He replaces Alexander Downer. Read her press release here.
The Turnbull Government has so far offered 803 South Australians scholarships worth up to $17,500 each to skill up for the workforce.
Australia’s largest species discovery project, Bush Blitz, is set to continue discovering flora and fauna across the country thanks to further support from the Coalition Government and project partner BHP.
- We're growing funding by more than $1 billion each and every year for Australian schools. That means more specialist teachers and resources for students
- Only the Coalition can be trusted to guarantee funding for the services Australia needs
- The Turnbull Government is delivering real, needs-based funding support for students. Students with greater needs will attract higher levels of funding from the Commonwealth
- Our plan for schools throws out the 27 special deals Bill Shorten stitched up that favoured some states and school sectors over others
- The Quality Schools package means fairer, simpler and more sustainable funding for Australian schools
- Everyone can see exactly what our plan means for schools school by visiting our funding estimator at www.education.gov.au/qualityschools
- Based on current estimates, recurrent Commonwealth funding to ALL schools across Australia will increase by $4.0 billion, a 22.2% increase from 2017–18 to 2020–21.
- Recurrent Commonwealth funding to government schools will increase by $2.0 billion by 2020–21, a 28.1% increase from 2017–18
- Recurrent Commonwealth funding to non-government schools will increase by $2.0 billion by 2020–21, a 18.4% increase from 2017–18
We know that while strong level of funding is important, what’s more important is how that funding is used. That’s why the Coalition has asked David Gonski and a panel of education experts to make recommendations about how schools should use record and growing funding we’re delivering to best support their students.More information on the Turnbull Government’s school funding can be found at: https://www.education.gov.au/quality-schools-package-factsheet
Senator Lucy has been chosen by the Australian Government to be their delegate at the Kenyan Post Election Seminar run by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. The theme is 'Sharing our experiences to enhance good governance and continually safeguard the welfare of the nation'.
Senator Lucy will be a presenter during the seminar and will speak on the Australian system of dual-house government.
The Kenyan government is keen to hear from the experiences of other democratic nations to enhance their own government functions.